LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Delegates from the republic of Kosovo are visiting La Crosse Saturday.
The CIA lists Kosovo as a disputed territory in southeastern Europe just slightly bigger than the state of Delaware.
On Saturday representatives from La Crosse greeted a delegation, beginning a week long tour promoting mutual understanding between Wisconsin and the republic.
The delegation and representatives from Wisconsin will be discussing judicial and victim rights advocates in the two countries.
One of the delegates is excited to build a relationship with the state.
"Giving more information, having the chance to meet the people from Kosovo, It's like finishing school or faculty, as you know more about the states, you have the chance make friends," said Faton Ademi, a judge in Kosovo.
Delegates are staying with host families while they visit the city.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers