LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Delegates from the republic of Kosovo are visiting La Crosse Saturday.
The CIA lists Kosovo as a disputed territory in southeastern Europe just slightly bigger than the state of Delaware.
On Saturday representatives from La Crosse greeted a delegation, beginning a week long tour promoting mutual understanding between Wisconsin and the republic.
The delegation and representatives from Wisconsin will be discussing judicial and victim rights advocates in the two countries.
One of the delegates is excited to build a relationship with the state.
"Giving more information, having the chance to meet the people from Kosovo, It's like finishing school or faculty, as you know more about the states, you have the chance make friends," said Faton Ademi, a judge in Kosovo.
Delegates are staying with host families while they visit the city.
- Heavy rain causes huge sink hole in La Crosse
- Innaugural Catgut Paddle brings races, food, music
- Arcadia flooding leaves behind mess, displaces residents
- Area businesses prepare for more flooding
- Minneapolis Police Chief resigns after fatal shooting
- Catholic Charities offers assistance with Disaster Recovery
- News 8 Sports Round Up-July 22, 2017
- FLW comes to Mississippi River
- Third annual Bountiful Gardens Tour takes place in La Crosse
- La Crosse hosts 27th annual rail fair