ONEIDA, Wis. (AP) - The Oneida Nation says the 25 buffalo that died in Outagamie Country two months ago apparently died of dehydration.
Tribe officials say the herd's water supply got shut off, but they're not sure exactly how that happened. The tribe says one employee was disciplined for not following policy to check on the herd.
A WLUK-TV report says a lock has since been placed on the current pump to prevent it from being turned off.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death