HAYWARD, Wis. (AP) - A Bayfield County jury has found a 22-year-old man guilty of reckless homicide in a fatal stabbing on the Lac Courts Oreilles Indian Reservation.
Marvin Corbine was also found guilty of attempted first-degree intentional homicide for wounding the victim's brother in the same home invasion in April 2011.
A criminal complaint says Sawyer County sheriff's deputies and tribal police responded to a residence where a fight was taking place. John McDaniel, 23, was fatally stabbing and his brother, Derrick, was critically wounded.
The Ashland Daily Press says Corbine will be sentenced May 8.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run