HAYWARD, Wis. (AP) - A Bayfield County jury has found a 22-year-old man guilty of reckless homicide in a fatal stabbing on the Lac Courts Oreilles Indian Reservation.
Marvin Corbine was also found guilty of attempted first-degree intentional homicide for wounding the victim's brother in the same home invasion in April 2011.
A criminal complaint says Sawyer County sheriff's deputies and tribal police responded to a residence where a fight was taking place. John McDaniel, 23, was fatally stabbing and his brother, Derrick, was critically wounded.
The Ashland Daily Press says Corbine will be sentenced May 8.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse