MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - Police are asking for the public's help after a dead cat bound with duct tape was found in the Manitowoc River.
Manitowoc police were called Sunday evening after a fisherman found the dead cat floating in the river.
Police say the animal is a larger, older, orange-colored cat that had recently died.
Anyone with information about the cat's owner or about how the animal died is asked to call the Manitowoc Detective Bureau.
Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $200 for information leading to the arrest of whoever abused the cat.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game