MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - Police are asking for the public's help after a dead cat bound with duct tape was found in the Manitowoc River.
Manitowoc police were called Sunday evening after a fisherman found the dead cat floating in the river.
Police say the animal is a larger, older, orange-colored cat that had recently died.
Anyone with information about the cat's owner or about how the animal died is asked to call the Manitowoc Detective Bureau.
Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $200 for information leading to the arrest of whoever abused the cat.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.