TOWN OF TIPLER, WI (AP) - The Florence County Sheriff's Office says a De Pere man has died in a snowmobile crash in northeastern Wisconsin.
WLUK-TV reports it happened just before 2 a.m. Saturday in the Town of Tipler.
Authorities say the snowmobile went off a road and hit a tree. The victim was identified as 48-year-old Russell Krause, of De Pere. Officials say he was wearing a helmet at the time, but died on impact.
The sheriff's office says alcohol and speed were contributing factors in the crash.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Alcohol use among Wisconsin senior citizens on the rise
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention