TOWN OF TIPLER, WI (AP) - The Florence County Sheriff's Office says a De Pere man has died in a snowmobile crash in northeastern Wisconsin.
WLUK-TV reports it happened just before 2 a.m. Saturday in the Town of Tipler.
Authorities say the snowmobile went off a road and hit a tree. The victim was identified as 48-year-old Russell Krause, of De Pere. Officials say he was wearing a helmet at the time, but died on impact.
The sheriff's office says alcohol and speed were contributing factors in the crash.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death