LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Dan Kapanke has decided to seek a recount after Sen. Jennifer Shilling won Wisconsin's 32nd District race by only 56 votes.
According to the La Crosse County clerk's office, Kapanke's campaign attorney told the Wisconsin Elections Commission the he will be formally requesting a recount on Wednesday, the final day that a request can be made.
If a recount is approved, it is expected to take about a week, depending on the number of volunteers.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016