LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Dan Kapanke has decided to seek a recount after Sen. Jennifer Shilling won Wisconsin's 32nd District race by only 56 votes.
According to the La Crosse County clerk's office, Kapanke's campaign attorney told the Wisconsin Elections Commission the he will be formally requesting a recount on Wednesday, the final day that a request can be made.
If a recount is approved, it is expected to take about a week, depending on the number of volunteers.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday