LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Dan Kapanke has decided to seek a recount after Sen. Jennifer Shilling won Wisconsin's 32nd District race by only 56 votes.
According to the La Crosse County clerk's office, Kapanke's campaign attorney told the Wisconsin Elections Commission the he will be formally requesting a recount on Wednesday, the final day that a request can be made.
If a recount is approved, it is expected to take about a week, depending on the number of volunteers.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash