ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) -- The Dalai Lama is back in Minnesota for a routine medical checkup at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
While he's at Mayo, the Tibetan Buddhist leader is joining a panel discussion Tuesday on meditation, resiliency and stress management. Mayo's Mind Body Medicine team has developed a practice model for resiliency through meditation and other stress management techniques. The team is leading the discussion.
Several hundred members of the Tibetan American Foundation of Minnesota greeted the Dalai Lama when he arrived in Rochester Sunday. The Post-Bulletin says he also addressed a gathering of more than 100 Chinese students and scholars studying at the University of Minnesota and other colleges in Minnesota.
The Dalai Lama has made regular visits to the Mayo Clinic in years past.
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Area organization helping so all girls can go to prom
- Taste of Trempealeau event raises money for public library
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments