ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) -- The Dalai Lama is back in Minnesota for a routine medical checkup at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
While he's at Mayo, the Tibetan Buddhist leader is joining a panel discussion Tuesday on meditation, resiliency and stress management. Mayo's Mind Body Medicine team has developed a practice model for resiliency through meditation and other stress management techniques. The team is leading the discussion.
Several hundred members of the Tibetan American Foundation of Minnesota greeted the Dalai Lama when he arrived in Rochester Sunday. The Post-Bulletin says he also addressed a gathering of more than 100 Chinese students and scholars studying at the University of Minnesota and other colleges in Minnesota.
The Dalai Lama has made regular visits to the Mayo Clinic in years past.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death