ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) -- The Dalai Lama is back in Minnesota for a routine medical checkup at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
While he's at Mayo, the Tibetan Buddhist leader is joining a panel discussion Tuesday on meditation, resiliency and stress management. Mayo's Mind Body Medicine team has developed a practice model for resiliency through meditation and other stress management techniques. The team is leading the discussion.
Several hundred members of the Tibetan American Foundation of Minnesota greeted the Dalai Lama when he arrived in Rochester Sunday. The Post-Bulletin says he also addressed a gathering of more than 100 Chinese students and scholars studying at the University of Minnesota and other colleges in Minnesota.
The Dalai Lama has made regular visits to the Mayo Clinic in years past.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team
- City officials propose lower speed limit for Losey Blvd.