DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A customer has been charged with setting fire to a bar on the east side of Des Moines.
The Des Moines Register reports that 46-year-old Dawn Herman, of Des Moines, is charged with felony arson. Authorities say she started a fire in the women's restroom at Ron's Dawg House bar on Tuesday night.
Seven people were in the bar when the fire started, but no injuries have been reported. Damage to the bar was estimated at $10,000.
Polk County Jail records say Herman remained in custody on Friday, pending $25,000 bail. Online court records don't list the name of Herman's attorney.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.