DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A customer has been charged with setting fire to a bar on the east side of Des Moines.
The Des Moines Register reports that 46-year-old Dawn Herman, of Des Moines, is charged with felony arson. Authorities say she started a fire in the women's restroom at Ron's Dawg House bar on Tuesday night.
Seven people were in the bar when the fire started, but no injuries have been reported. Damage to the bar was estimated at $10,000.
Polk County Jail records say Herman remained in custody on Friday, pending $25,000 bail. Online court records don't list the name of Herman's attorney.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building