LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Beach body season is upon us and a national competition encouraging fitness had its sights set on our area.
CrossFit La Crosse hosted a women's only fitness competition. La Crosse is just one of several locations across the country participating in the event. The goal of the event is to help raise awareness about strength training for women.
"Every woman here is here is to compete against themselves, but they're also here to encourage others to do their best," said Peter Olson, CrossFit La Crosse coach.
For more information on Crossfit La Crosse, visit CrosseFit La Crosse's website.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years