LA CROSSE, WI - La Crosse police say rescue crews recovered the body of a missing La Crosse man near the area of Gillette Street and Highway 16 Wednesday afternoon.
Police issued a missing person's report for Matthew Stewart, 34, around 1 p.m.
Stewart's body was recovered with the help of the La Crosse Dive Unit and the La Crosse Fire Department.
Police say the death is not suspicious at this time, but the incident remains under investigation. An autopsy will be performed by the La Crosse County medical examiner.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run