LA CROSSE, WI - La Crosse police say rescue crews recovered the body of a missing La Crosse man near the area of Gillette Street and Highway 16 Wednesday afternoon.
Police issued a missing person's report for Matthew Stewart, 34, around 1 p.m.
Stewart's body was recovered with the help of the La Crosse Dive Unit and the La Crosse Fire Department.
Police say the death is not suspicious at this time, but the incident remains under investigation. An autopsy will be performed by the La Crosse County medical examiner.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game