LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A body was pulled from the Black River in La Crosse just south of the I-90 bridge Friday night.
La Crosse Fire Department says emergency crews responded to call about a floating object in the river around 6:10 p.m. About 20 minutes later police recovered a body.
Officials on scene say the body has been transported to the medical examiner for identification.
Police are expected to release more details as they become available. Stay with News 8 for the latest.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash