LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A body was pulled from the Black River in La Crosse just south of the I-90 bridge Friday night.
La Crosse Fire Department says emergency crews responded to call about a floating object in the river around 6:10 p.m. About 20 minutes later police recovered a body.
Officials on scene say the body has been transported to the medical examiner for identification.
Police are expected to release more details as they become available. Stay with News 8 for the latest.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.