LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A body was pulled from the Black River in La Crosse just south of the I-90 bridge Friday night.
La Crosse Fire Department says emergency crews responded to call about a floating object in the river around 6:10 p.m. About 20 minutes later police recovered a body.
Officials on scene say the body has been transported to the medical examiner for identification.
Police are expected to release more details as they become available. Stay with News 8 for the latest.
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- Viterbo students spend one night homeless
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix
- City planners asking for more input on Highway 53 corridor plan
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant