LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse firefighters battled a house fire on George Street early Tuesday morning.
When firefighters arrived at about 5:55 a.m., they evacuated the home owner from the single family house at 2232 George Street and found that the entire house was energized with electricity from a tree branch that had caused damage to the electrical service of the house.
The La Crosse Fire Department said Xcel Energy turned the power off to the house and crews continued to fight fires in multiple areas in the house. Crews worked to put out the fires in the walls, ceilings and floors.
One firefighter was treated on scene by Tri-State Ambulance for a minor eye injury. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation