TOWN OF FARMINGTON, Wis. (WKBT) - Firefighters are battling a few small fires in the Town of Farmington due to a controlled burn that got out of control.
Farmington Fire Department Assistant Chief Les Bryhn told News 8 there are a few small fires they're trying to put out, which he expects to take about two hours.
The call came in at about 1:20 p.m. at W1800 Davis Creek Road. About three dozen firerighters from Farmington and Melrose are on scene.
A neighbor told News 8 they believe people were setting three separate fires and thaty's why the fires were all spread out.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles