TOWN OF FARMINGTON, Wis. (WKBT) - Firefighters are battling a few small fires in the Town of Farmington due to a controlled burn that got out of control.
Farmington Fire Department Assistant Chief Les Bryhn told News 8 there are a few small fires they're trying to put out, which he expects to take about two hours.
The call came in at about 1:20 p.m. at W1800 Davis Creek Road. About three dozen firerighters from Farmington and Melrose are on scene.
A neighbor told News 8 they believe people were setting three separate fires and thaty's why the fires were all spread out.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening