WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) - A creditor says it would support the proposed sale of the shuttered Golden Guernsey Dairy in Waukesha.
But Accord Financial Inc. says its support depends on its secured claims totaling $7.9 million being paid from sale proceeds.
In a filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Accord Financial says it's owed the money under a loan and the purchase of account receivables.
Golden Guernsey closed in early January. The Los Angeles private equity firm that bought Golden Guernsey in 2011, OpenGate Capital, sought Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection in a Delaware court.
An Ohio company, Superior Dairy, has offered $5.5 million for the plant, but the offer rejects the labor contract that was in place.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports the bankruptcy trustee is accepting bids for the company through May 10.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking