MCFARLAND, Wis. (AP) - McFarland's police chief says the couple found dead in a burned out car early New Year's Day never attempted to get out of the vehicle.
Chief Craig Sherven says that indicates the couple may have been asleep or unconscious as fire burned the car. The deaths of 24-year-old Brandon Slattery and 21-year-old Amy Damon, both of Edgerton, have been ruled accidental.
Sherven says there's no indication of foul play. The chief tells the State Journal both Slattery and Damon appeared to have been sitting in the front seats.
Funeral services for the two were held Monday.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US