MCFARLAND, Wis. (AP) - McFarland's police chief says the couple found dead in a burned out car early New Year's Day never attempted to get out of the vehicle.
Chief Craig Sherven says that indicates the couple may have been asleep or unconscious as fire burned the car. The deaths of 24-year-old Brandon Slattery and 21-year-old Amy Damon, both of Edgerton, have been ruled accidental.
Sherven says there's no indication of foul play. The chief tells the State Journal both Slattery and Damon appeared to have been sitting in the front seats.
Funeral services for the two were held Monday.
- Trump's inauguration, weekend protests: What to know
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December