RAMSEY, Minn. (AP) - Anoka County sheriff's officials say a couple found dead in an apparent murder-suicide had received an eviction notice.
The bodies of 67-year-old Caron Fine and 65-year-old Mitchell Fine were found in their Ramsey home Tuesday. Sheriff's Cmdr. Paul Sommer says the couple's daughter asked police to check on her parents after she received an email from her father indicating the couple was being evicted and they planned to kill themselves.
Their bodies were found in their rented house with gunshot wounds to the head. Nine cats were also found dead from apparent gunshot wounds.
Sommer tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press investigators believe Mitchell Fine used a rifle to kill the cats and a handgun to kill his wife and himself.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline