RAMSEY, Minn. (AP) - Anoka County sheriff's officials say a couple found dead in an apparent murder-suicide had received an eviction notice.
The bodies of 67-year-old Caron Fine and 65-year-old Mitchell Fine were found in their Ramsey home Tuesday. Sheriff's Cmdr. Paul Sommer says the couple's daughter asked police to check on her parents after she received an email from her father indicating the couple was being evicted and they planned to kill themselves.
Their bodies were found in their rented house with gunshot wounds to the head. Nine cats were also found dead from apparent gunshot wounds.
Sommer tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press investigators believe Mitchell Fine used a rifle to kill the cats and a handgun to kill his wife and himself.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion