BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. - Firefighters are investigating what caused a fire on Christmas Eve that damaged a snow plow and garage at the Jackson County Highway Department Shop.
The Black River Falls Fire Department said it got a call at about 11:15 p.m. that smoke was coming from the shop. When crews arrived, they found heavy, black smoke coming from above the large overhead doors of the "State Vehicle" garage area of the building. A county snow plow parked in the garage was on fire.
Firefighters say the roof of the building also caught fire and there was heavy smoke damage to the building and to the vehicles in the garage area.
The fire department says it appears the frame of the snow plow that caught fire appears to be a total loss. The cause of the fire is under investigation, but investigators say it appears to have started in the snow plow's cab or engine compartment area. A damage estimate to the vehicles in the garage area is not known at this time.
No one was injured in the fire. Firefighters say electrical service is not working in the area of the fire.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Alcohol use among Wisconsin senior citizens on the rise
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention