Lawmakers in Washington, D.C. seem reluctant to talk to each other about the shutdown, but party leaders in La Crosse are more than willing to talk.
La Crosse County Republican Chair Julian Bradley and Democratic Chair Karri Kline joined us on News 8 at 5 to talk about the stalemate.
Bradley talked about what would be the best scenario for ending the shutdown. He also addressed the GOP's reputation, the health care mandate and why the party wants to see the President negotiate.
Kline talked about misconceptions about Obamacare, whether the President should negotiate and what kind of resolution she would like to see.
Both County party leaders were anxious to sit down together and talk in what we hope is the first of many discussions we have on News 8.22360546
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership