LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The city of La Crosse is getting some help with updating its parks.
The La Crosse county board voted Monday to help fund improvements to three of La Crosse's south side parks. $350,000 will go towards improvements to Erickson, Trane, and Diagonal park. This is the first time the county has ever funded any city park, something board members say is a huge step for both the county and city.
"Tonight's unanimous vote is really a clear indication from the full county board that we see the value of a strong city of la Crosse. We want improvements made to that neighborhood and we want the city of La Crosse to continue to grow and improve," says Tara Johnson, Chair of the county board.
$100,000 of the $350,000 is an added incentive with the hope the city will receive additional money from other municipalities.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday