LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The city of La Crosse is getting some help with updating its parks.
The La Crosse county board voted Monday to help fund improvements to three of La Crosse's south side parks. $350,000 will go towards improvements to Erickson, Trane, and Diagonal park. This is the first time the county has ever funded any city park, something board members say is a huge step for both the county and city.
"Tonight's unanimous vote is really a clear indication from the full county board that we see the value of a strong city of la Crosse. We want improvements made to that neighborhood and we want the city of La Crosse to continue to grow and improve," says Tara Johnson, Chair of the county board.
$100,000 of the $350,000 is an added incentive with the hope the city will receive additional money from other municipalities.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser