LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new committee is formed to figure out what to do with a vacant courthouse parking lot.
The Lot C Advisory Committee met Wednesday with La Crosse County Board members to go over ideas for the soon to be vacant courthouse lot.
The committee is part of county's plan is to move its Administrative Building to Associated Bank location on 6th and State.
The advisory committee which is led by County Board Chair Tara Johnson has about two dozen members.
The county hopes the committee will find a meaningful purpose for the lot.
"There job is really to help us think big, and to vision, and to really identify what are the most important needs for the community," Johnson said. "What can Lot C develop into that would be most impactful and most positive for our community."
The committee plans to meet again on March 6.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.