LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new committee is formed to figure out what to do with a vacant courthouse parking lot.
The Lot C Advisory Committee met Wednesday with La Crosse County Board members to go over ideas for the soon to be vacant courthouse lot.
The committee is part of county's plan is to move its Administrative Building to Associated Bank location on 6th and State.
The advisory committee which is led by County Board Chair Tara Johnson has about two dozen members.
The county hopes the committee will find a meaningful purpose for the lot.
"There job is really to help us think big, and to vision, and to really identify what are the most important needs for the community," Johnson said. "What can Lot C develop into that would be most impactful and most positive for our community."
The committee plans to meet again on March 6.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers