CLOQUET, Minn. (AP) - Fond du Lac tribal police will forward their investigation of a child left on a school bus to the Carlton County Attorney's Office.
Prosecutors will decide whether charges are warranted in the case. Three-year-old Ty Stiffarm was left on the bus Monday for three hours in freezing temperatures after other children were dropped off at the tribal Head Start building.
Tribal programs director Chuck Walt tells the Duluth News Tribune that teachers will be required to take attendance early in the day to determine if there are any unexcused absences.
Walt says two transportation employees are on leave while an internal investigation is conducted.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests