CLOQUET, Minn. (AP) - Fond du Lac tribal police will forward their investigation of a child left on a school bus to the Carlton County Attorney's Office.
Prosecutors will decide whether charges are warranted in the case. Three-year-old Ty Stiffarm was left on the bus Monday for three hours in freezing temperatures after other children were dropped off at the tribal Head Start building.
Tribal programs director Chuck Walt tells the Duluth News Tribune that teachers will be required to take attendance early in the day to determine if there are any unexcused absences.
Walt says two transportation employees are on leave while an internal investigation is conducted.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather