ONALASKA, Wis. - Some cute and cuddly critters are looking for a place to call home this weekend.
The Coulee Region Humane Society is hosting its annual Adoptathon starting Friday afternoon.
It's an event that raises awareness about the number of animals in need of a home through adoption.
And this year, the humane society is speeding up the process of bringing your new pet home. "And we have switched our adoption policies so you can actually be approved the same day to take an animal home instead of waiting all weekend long," said Amber Grosch.20464134
The Adoptathon kicks off Friday at 1:00 p.m. and will go all weekend at the humane society.
Cats are $13 to adopt, all other animals are half off the adoption fee.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest