ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Coulee Region Humane Society is working to make sure every cat has a home for the holidays.
Throughout the month of December, cat adoption fees will only be $5 thanks to a partnership with Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, an organization promoting no-kill humane societies.
In addition, a large donation is allowing the shelter to waive adoption fees for cats that have been isolated because of high stress or minor upper respiratory issues.
The shelter says they are trying to shine a light on isolated cats.
If you would like to learn more about cat adoptions, you can call the humane society at (608)-781-4014.
- Police K-9 regains mobility in retirement, thanks to Gunnar's Wheels
- Former tent city residents find housing
- Judges affirm 'Making a Murderer' confession was coerced
- Assembly passes ban on pre-existing condition exclusion
- Walker approves ending work permits for 16-, 17-year-olds
- Walker signs bill allowing robot deliveries in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill targeting deadly fentanyl
- Repeat drug offender in La Crosse held on $50,000 cash bond
- Adaptive water skiing clinic helps kids of all abilities enjoy the river in La Crosse
- Water testing begins at La Crosse beaches