ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Coulee Region Humane Society is working to make sure every cat has a home for the holidays.
Throughout the month of December, cat adoption fees will only be $5 thanks to a partnership with Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, an organization promoting no-kill humane societies.
In addition, a large donation is allowing the shelter to waive adoption fees for cats that have been isolated because of high stress or minor upper respiratory issues.
The shelter says they are trying to shine a light on isolated cats.
If you would like to learn more about cat adoptions, you can call the humane society at (608)-781-4014.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizare car crash