ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Coulee Region Humane Society is working to make sure every cat has a home for the holidays.
Throughout the month of December, cat adoption fees will only be $5 thanks to a partnership with Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, an organization promoting no-kill humane societies.
In addition, a large donation is allowing the shelter to waive adoption fees for cats that have been isolated because of high stress or minor upper respiratory issues.
The shelter says they are trying to shine a light on isolated cats.
If you would like to learn more about cat adoptions, you can call the humane society at (608)-781-4014.
- Heavy rain causes huge sink hole in La Crosse
- Arcadia flooding leaves behind mess, displaces residents
- Area businesses prepare for more flooding
- Minneapolis Police Chief resigns after fatal shooting
- Catholic Charities offers assistance with Disaster Recovery
- Officials: Contrary to rumors, Neshonoc Dam not failing
- Gov. Walker declares state of emergency in 17 counties
- Experts: take necessary precautions cleaning up flood water
- Seven BNSF train cars derail in La Crosse
- WAFER Food Pantry reopens after flooding