COON VALLEY, Wis. (WKBT) - Saturday's warm weather made for the perfect afternoon to get out and fish.
Coon Valley hosted its annual Trout Festival, with more than 500 stocked trout for families to catch.
The event offered a youth trout derby, fly fishing lessons, and other activities, including the latest attraction, a 5K run/walk to help raise money for a new town park playground.
Food and live entertainment were also available at the festival. Organizers say it's the perfect opportunity to get kids interested in fishing, while helping to bring business to the area.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota