COON VALLEY, Wis. (WKBT) - Saturday's warm weather made for the perfect afternoon to get out and fish.
Coon Valley hosted its annual Trout Festival, with more than 500 stocked trout for families to catch.
The event offered a youth trout derby, fly fishing lessons, and other activities, including the latest attraction, a 5K run/walk to help raise money for a new town park playground.
Food and live entertainment were also available at the festival. Organizers say it's the perfect opportunity to get kids interested in fishing, while helping to bring business to the area.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse