WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Construction is near for a new bridge spanning from Winona to Wisconsin.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation hosted an informational meeting this evening. It's part of a series of community meetings to identify risks and find out what the community is looking for as part of the Hwy 43 bridge project.
The project manager says they've moved the final design along and crews could be out there working on the bridge if the river wasn't so high, which would put them right on time.
"We're anticipating that by the fall of 2016, we will have all of highway 43 traffic moved over onto the new bridge so that we can start reconstruction and rehabilitation of the existing bridge," said Project Manager, Terry Ward
MnDOT estimates the cost of the project between 150 and 175 million dollars.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.