WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Construction is near for a new bridge spanning from Winona to Wisconsin.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation hosted an informational meeting this evening. It's part of a series of community meetings to identify risks and find out what the community is looking for as part of the Hwy 43 bridge project.
The project manager says they've moved the final design along and crews could be out there working on the bridge if the river wasn't so high, which would put them right on time.
"We're anticipating that by the fall of 2016, we will have all of highway 43 traffic moved over onto the new bridge so that we can start reconstruction and rehabilitation of the existing bridge," said Project Manager, Terry Ward
MnDOT estimates the cost of the project between 150 and 175 million dollars.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation