WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Construction is near for a new bridge spanning from Winona to Wisconsin.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation hosted an informational meeting this evening. It's part of a series of community meetings to identify risks and find out what the community is looking for as part of the Hwy 43 bridge project.
The project manager says they've moved the final design along and crews could be out there working on the bridge if the river wasn't so high, which would put them right on time.
"We're anticipating that by the fall of 2016, we will have all of highway 43 traffic moved over onto the new bridge so that we can start reconstruction and rehabilitation of the existing bridge," said Project Manager, Terry Ward
MnDOT estimates the cost of the project between 150 and 175 million dollars.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases