LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The final preparations for La Crosse's Community Thanksgiving Dinner were finished up Wednesday as volunteers prepared to hand out thousands of holiday meals.
About 80 volunteers for the 35th annual community dinner spent most of the day at the La Crosse Center. They set up the dining room, kids craft areas and prepared foods.
Organizers say the annual event is a great example of our community coming together.
"We are funded solely on the kindness of donations from individuals, businesses, organizations, and churches," said La Crosse Community Thanksgiving Dinner Chair Ruth McQuiston-Keil.
More than 500 volunteers will head to the La Crosse Center Thursday.
If you would like to volunteer or donate to the Community Thanksgiving Dinner, you can contact the planning committee at LAXThanksgivingDinner.com.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse