LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The final preparations for La Crosse's Community Thanksgiving Dinner were finished up Wednesday as volunteers prepared to hand out thousands of holiday meals.
About 80 volunteers for the 35th annual community dinner spent most of the day at the La Crosse Center. They set up the dining room, kids craft areas and prepared foods.
Organizers say the annual event is a great example of our community coming together.
"We are funded solely on the kindness of donations from individuals, businesses, organizations, and churches," said La Crosse Community Thanksgiving Dinner Chair Ruth McQuiston-Keil.
More than 500 volunteers will head to the La Crosse Center Thursday.
If you would like to volunteer or donate to the Community Thanksgiving Dinner, you can contact the planning committee at LAXThanksgivingDinner.com.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners