LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The final preparations for La Crosse's Community Thanksgiving Dinner were finished up Wednesday as volunteers prepared to hand out thousands of holiday meals.
About 80 volunteers for the 35th annual community dinner spent most of the day at the La Crosse Center. They set up the dining room, kids craft areas and prepared foods.
Organizers say the annual event is a great example of our community coming together.
"We are funded solely on the kindness of donations from individuals, businesses, organizations, and churches," said La Crosse Community Thanksgiving Dinner Chair Ruth McQuiston-Keil.
More than 500 volunteers will head to the La Crosse Center Thursday.
If you would like to volunteer or donate to the Community Thanksgiving Dinner, you can contact the planning committee at LAXThanksgivingDinner.com.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers