SABIN, MN (AP) - Authorities say a 91-year-old Sabin man has died after the vehicle he was riding in collided with a train in Clay County in northwestern Minnesota.
The Clay County Sheriff's Office says the accident happened Sunday afternoon just south of Sabin.
Deputies arrived to find a vehicle on its roof on the tracks.
William "Bill" Briden was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver, 83-year-old Gloria Briden, was extricated from the vehicle and was flown to Sanford Health for her injuries.
Her condition was not immediately known.
Authorities are still investigating.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion