LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Western Technical College unveils another addition to its campus in La Crosse.
A Grand Opening was held this morning for the newly completed Coleman Center. The new building is named after former Western Technical College director John Coleman, who was also posthumously awarded the Western Legacy Award.
The building offers newer and better facilities for the technical college's general education classes.
"It'll be a much more energy efficient facility. It'll also have the proper layout so that we're getting good space utilization. It's going to be a state-of-the-art, 21st century instructional facility, and that's something we didn't have before," said Western Technical College President Lee Rasch.
The recent remodeling of the Western campus started in 2013 as part of the Vision 2020 facilities plan.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation