LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Western Technical College unveils another addition to its campus in La Crosse.
A Grand Opening was held this morning for the newly completed Coleman Center. The new building is named after former Western Technical College director John Coleman, who was also posthumously awarded the Western Legacy Award.
The building offers newer and better facilities for the technical college's general education classes.
"It'll be a much more energy efficient facility. It'll also have the proper layout so that we're getting good space utilization. It's going to be a state-of-the-art, 21st century instructional facility, and that's something we didn't have before," said Western Technical College President Lee Rasch.
The recent remodeling of the Western campus started in 2013 as part of the Vision 2020 facilities plan.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death