LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The City of La Crosse public works director wants to remind property owners to clear alleyways.
Dale Hexon said there are several alleyways in poor condition right now and will only be getting worse.
La Crosse city crews do not plow snow or remove ice from alleys. It hasn't for at least 20 years. That task is left to contractors hired by property owners. While they're private contractors, they do have some instructions from city hall.
"They can't take it and push it across a city street, for instance," said Hexom. "There have been some contractors who have done that in the past. Contractors need to keep the snow in the alley, on the property, or collecting it and removing it for disposal."
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say