LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The City of La Crosse public works director wants to remind property owners to clear alleyways.
Dale Hexon said there are several alleyways in poor condition right now and will only be getting worse.
La Crosse city crews do not plow snow or remove ice from alleys. It hasn't for at least 20 years. That task is left to contractors hired by property owners. While they're private contractors, they do have some instructions from city hall.
"They can't take it and push it across a city street, for instance," said Hexom. "There have been some contractors who have done that in the past. Contractors need to keep the snow in the alley, on the property, or collecting it and removing it for disposal."
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks