LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's city council president is challenging a recall petition filed against her.
Audrey Kader is challenging 186 of the 252 signatures collected on the recall petition.
The city clerk says the majority of those signatures list 702 Franciscan Way as an address. That's the mailing address for the student union at Viterbo University where all the students mailboxes are located.17599380
Kader says the students should have listed the specific dorm address not mailing address. Kader also says some of the signatures are from out of the district and there is at least one duplicate.
The group leading the recall effort has until Monday at 5 p.m. to file a written rebuttal.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers