LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's city council president is challenging a recall petition filed against her.
Audrey Kader is challenging 186 of the 252 signatures collected on the recall petition.
The city clerk says the majority of those signatures list 702 Franciscan Way as an address. That's the mailing address for the student union at Viterbo University where all the students mailboxes are located.17599380
Kader says the students should have listed the specific dorm address not mailing address. Kader also says some of the signatures are from out of the district and there is at least one duplicate.
The group leading the recall effort has until Monday at 5 p.m. to file a written rebuttal.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns