LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Before it gets too cold people were enjoying some homemade chili outdoors on Saturday.
The annual Chili Cook Off pits teams against each other in order to raise money for local D.A.R.E and G.R.E.A.T. programs, as well as the La Crosse Public Education Foundation. 24 teams competed against each other for the 24th annual event, each with their own homemade brand of chili.
While it may be a competition, it's all about trying out those different, delicious chili recipes.
"Everybody's chili is different, it's a good representation of all the different things you can do with one simple recipe and kind of expand on it, so it's a lot of fun, it's a wonderful day, the weather's perfect, and it's a really good fundraiser for our community," said Chili Cook Off! Committee Member Jodi Ehrenberger.
We at News 8 even had our own team competing. Gregg Wavrunek, Nick Ragner and others from our team enjoying themselves while dishing up our own chili recipe.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US