ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Authorities arrested a man on Thursday evening who confessed to robbing a Check ‘N Go in Onalaska and La Crosse in February.
Onalaska police said the suspect, Anthony Partee, of Oakdale, Minnesota, confessed to multiple robberies, including the Check ‘N Go at 2928 Marketplace in Onalaska on February 7 and the Check ‘N Go at 4304 Mormon Coulee Road in La Crosse on February 24.
The Hudson Police Department stopped a car driven by Partee near one of the check cashing businesses in the Hudson area. He was arrested for a felony warrant out of Minnesota and on suspicion of armed robbery from the City of Hudson.
Partee's description matched the suspect authorities were looking for in multiple robberies. Partee told the FBI and a Hudson investigator that he was responsible for numerous robberies, including the ones in Onalaska and La Crosse.
When authorities searched his minivan, they found evidence connected to the Hudson robbery and other robberies in the region.
Partee is being held on the felony warrant out of Minnesota and charges are expected soon in connection to the robberies in St. Croix County.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US