RACINE, Wis. - Criminal charges have been filed against a woman accused of driving drunk and hitting a Racine County sheriff's deputy.
A complaint says the deputy saw an SUV speeding toward him late Monday night. The SUV took a sharp turn and collided with the deputy's squad car, causing him to hit his head on the window frame. The complaint says the SUV then sped away.
Fifty-year-old Denise Olson, of Mount Pleasant, is charged with driving while intoxicated and causing injury, among other counts. The Journal Times says the deputy was treated at a local hospital and later released.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather