RACINE, Wis. - Criminal charges have been filed against a woman accused of driving drunk and hitting a Racine County sheriff's deputy.
A complaint says the deputy saw an SUV speeding toward him late Monday night. The SUV took a sharp turn and collided with the deputy's squad car, causing him to hit his head on the window frame. The complaint says the SUV then sped away.
Fifty-year-old Denise Olson, of Mount Pleasant, is charged with driving while intoxicated and causing injury, among other counts. The Journal Times says the deputy was treated at a local hospital and later released.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests