OSHKOSH, WI - Charges have been dismissed in Winnebago County against a former prison chaplain accused of having sex with an inmate.
Jamyi Witch contends she was a hostage and the victim of an inmate assault at the Oshkosh Correctional Facility in August of 2011. But, prosecutors ended up charging Witch with three felonies, including sexual assault by correctional staff. Witch was employed as a Wiccan chaplain by the state Department of Corrections. She was dismissed in March of 2012.
Deputy District Attorney Scott Ceman tells WLUK-TV that the inmate involved has changed his story and that prosecutors are no longer confident in a conviction. Witch says she plans to sue the Department of Corrections and other agencies in the coming days.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks