LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The U.S. Postal service plans to close four Wisconsin distribution centers next year. One of them is in La Crosse.
The others are in Eau Claire, Madison and outside Wausau.
It's part of the organization's recovery from the $26 billion losses over the last three years. Officials say employees will be re-assigned into open positions.
Residents may notice a slight delay in mail delivery.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.