LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The U.S. Postal service plans to close four Wisconsin distribution centers next year. One of them is in La Crosse.
The others are in Eau Claire, Madison and outside Wausau.
It's part of the organization's recovery from the $26 billion losses over the last three years. Officials say employees will be re-assigned into open positions.
Residents may notice a slight delay in mail delivery.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks