MADISON, Wis. - Two would-be burglars tried to break into an east side clothing store by using a chain saw, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to Serieux Clothing at 3371 E. Washington Ave. at 10 p.m. Wednesday when a resident reported hearing the sound of a chain saw coming from the back of the clothing store.
Police said the first officer at the scene saw two people running from the store. Two chain saws were left behind.
The chain saws left significant damage, but the operators weren't able to get inside before police arrived.
Police dog Allied was called to the scene, but was unable to track any suspects.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017