MADISON, Wis. - Two would-be burglars tried to break into an east side clothing store by using a chain saw, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to Serieux Clothing at 3371 E. Washington Ave. at 10 p.m. Wednesday when a resident reported hearing the sound of a chain saw coming from the back of the clothing store.
Police said the first officer at the scene saw two people running from the store. Two chain saws were left behind.
The chain saws left significant damage, but the operators weren't able to get inside before police arrived.
Police dog Allied was called to the scene, but was unable to track any suspects.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years