CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - Police say a woman has been fatally shot after a traffic stop by officers in Cedar Rapids.
A news release from the Cedar Rapids Police Department says officers had followed a car that didn't pull over a little before 2:30 a.m. Tuesday. The chase continued down several streets until the car stopped on the northwest side of the city.
Police say the woman who was driving was shot after displaying a handgun as officers approached. Police say she was pronounced dead at St. Luke's Hospital.
The names of the driver and the officers and other details haven't been released. Police say no officers were injured.
The case has been turned over to the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, which didn't immediately return messages left Tuesday by The Associated Press.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners