CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - Police have identified a woman who was fatally shot after a traffic stop by officers in Cedar Rapids.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department said Tuesday that Desirae Daniel was shot after displaying a handgun as officers approached. She was pronounced dead at St. Luke's Hospital, and an autopsy will be performed in Ankeny.
Police say officers had followed a car that didn't pull over a little before 2:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. The chase continued down several streets until the car stopped on the northwest side of the city.
The name of the officers and other details haven't been released. Police say no officers were injured.
The case has been turned over to the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, which didn't immediately return messages left Tuesday.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff