CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A 44-year-old Cedar Rapids man is being held on $1 million bail, accused of killing his mother.
Police say 44-year-old Edward Cusic is charged with first-degree murder. He was arrested after police responded to a reported domestic disturbance in an eastern Cedar Rapids neighborhood around 11 p.m. Friday. Officers found the body of 68-year-old Anita Labkon when they arrived.
Police say Cusic lived at the house with his mother.
Cedar Rapids Police Chief Wayne Jerman says Labkon died of blunt force trauma.
Online court records don't list the name of Cusic's attorney.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump