CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A 44-year-old Cedar Rapids man is being held on $1 million bail, accused of killing his mother.
Police say 44-year-old Edward Cusic is charged with first-degree murder. He was arrested after police responded to a reported domestic disturbance in an eastern Cedar Rapids neighborhood around 11 p.m. Friday. Officers found the body of 68-year-old Anita Labkon when they arrived.
Police say Cusic lived at the house with his mother.
Cedar Rapids Police Chief Wayne Jerman says Labkon died of blunt force trauma.
Online court records don't list the name of Cusic's attorney.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks