VERNON COUNTY, WI - A Cashton man was killed in a car crash at about 8:30 a.m. in Vernon County.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Skyler Mickelson was driving north on Highway 27 between Westby and Cashton when his mid-sized SUV crossed the center line and hit a straight truck head-on.
Mickelson was not wearing his seat belt and was thrown from his vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene. This is the fourth traffic fatality in Vernon County in 2013.
The driver of the semi was injured and transported to Vernon Memorial Hospital.
The crash closed all lanes of Highway 27 between Westby and Highway 33 in Cashton for several hours. The road opened at about 12:30 p.m.22478024
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Alcohol use among Wisconsin senior citizens on the rise
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention