VERNON COUNTY, WI - A Cashton man was killed in a car crash at about 8:30 a.m. in Vernon County.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Skyler Mickelson was driving north on Highway 27 between Westby and Cashton when his mid-sized SUV crossed the center line and hit a straight truck head-on.
Mickelson was not wearing his seat belt and was thrown from his vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene. This is the fourth traffic fatality in Vernon County in 2013.
The driver of the semi was injured and transported to Vernon Memorial Hospital.
The crash closed all lanes of Highway 27 between Westby and Highway 33 in Cashton for several hours. The road opened at about 12:30 p.m.22478024
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death