ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A car fire closed down State Road 35 in Onalaska Sunday.
It started at about 7:30 p.m. at a home on State Road 35 near Cloverdale Drive. Witnesses say their neighbor's car started on fire near the garage, and the fire spread to the structure.
It happened in an area that had no fire hydrants, so firefighters had to bring in water on trucks. The fire was quickly brought under control, there is no word on injuries.
Agencies from Onalaska, La Crosse, Shelby and Holmen all responded. 35 was closed in both directions from County OT to County Z until 10:20 Sunday night. Stay tuned to news8000.com for the latest information.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017