ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A car fire closed down State Road 35 in Onalaska Sunday.
It started at about 7:30 p.m. at a home on State Road 35 near Cloverdale Drive. Witnesses say their neighbor's car started on fire near the garage, and the fire spread to the structure.
It happened in an area that had no fire hydrants, so firefighters had to bring in water on trucks. The fire was quickly brought under control, there is no word on injuries.
Agencies from Onalaska, La Crosse, Shelby and Holmen all responded. 35 was closed in both directions from County OT to County Z until 10:20 Sunday night. Stay tuned to news8000.com for the latest information.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death