ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A car fire closed down State Road 35 in Onalaska Sunday.
It started at about 7:30 p.m. at a home on State Road 35 near Cloverdale Drive. Witnesses say their neighbor's car started on fire near the garage, and the fire spread to the structure.
It happened in an area that had no fire hydrants, so firefighters had to bring in water on trucks. The fire was quickly brought under control, there is no word on injuries.
Agencies from Onalaska, La Crosse, Shelby and Holmen all responded. 35 was closed in both directions from County OT to County Z until 10:20 Sunday night. Stay tuned to news8000.com for the latest information.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers