LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group will host a Christmas Candlelight Memorial Service to remember infants who have passed away this year.
The service, which is co-sponsored by Mayo Clinic Health System and Gundersen Lutheran, will be held on Monday, December 10 at 7 p.m. in the Mayo Clinic Health System Saint Francis Chapel.
Event organizers say family and friends of the infants who have died will place ornaments on the Christmas trees and light a candle in their child's memory.
"The holidays bring families together, but when families have lost a baby, they become saddened and not sure how they should celebrate the holiday," said Emily Stanton, RN, BSN, Share Program Coordinator at Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare. "This has been a way for these families to come together with others who have experienced similar situations and a way to celebrate and honor their child's brief time with them."
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?