LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group will host a Christmas Candlelight Memorial Service to remember infants who have passed away this year.
The service, which is co-sponsored by Mayo Clinic Health System and Gundersen Lutheran, will be held on Monday, December 10 at 7 p.m. in the Mayo Clinic Health System Saint Francis Chapel.
Event organizers say family and friends of the infants who have died will place ornaments on the Christmas trees and light a candle in their child's memory.
"The holidays bring families together, but when families have lost a baby, they become saddened and not sure how they should celebrate the holiday," said Emily Stanton, RN, BSN, Share Program Coordinator at Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare. "This has been a way for these families to come together with others who have experienced similar situations and a way to celebrate and honor their child's brief time with them."
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls