LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you're a candidate running for office and want to show your roots there's no better place than a farmers market.
That's where Democratic candidate for Wisconsin's attorney general Susan Happ was Friday.
She talked with potential voters at Cameron Park in La Crosse.
Happ is currently in her second term as Jefferson County District Attorney. She said being a democrat in a very republican county is proof she deserves the nomination.
"As a rural democrat, it's very important that voters know I am going to represent all of our citizens, I'm an advocate for people across the isle but also for people in the smaller communities who really want to know that their next attorney general is going to truly represent their interest and care about the things that they care about," said Happ.
Happ was elected district attorney for Jefferson County in 2008.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners
- Representative Kind outlines goals for congressional session
- Debate over medical marijuana continues in Wisconsin
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers