LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The Cameron Park Famer's Market is closing up shop for the season.
The market held its final sale Saturday in the Eco-Center at La Crosse's Myrick Park. More than a dozen vendors showed up for the season-closing sale with locally-grown vegetables, organic meat and hand-made crafts.
The winter market offers a chance for customers to buy local, and for vendors to continue their sales into the winter months.
"It gives our customers access to local food and gives our vendors the option to keep selling their goods to the local community," said Nell Saunders-Scott, market manager for the market.
The Cameron Park Famer's Market will open back up, in the spring.24118638
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns