LA CROSSE, WI - The man convicted of delivering the drugs that killed 40-year-old Anthony Ducharme and then dumping his body was sentenced in La Crosse County Court on Thursday.
Moss was given an 8-year sentence for the hiding a corpse count. Four of those years will be served in prison; four will be on extended supervision, with a sentencing credit of 777 days.
For the first degree reckless homicide/deliver drugs count, Moss was sentenced to 13 years. Three of those years will be served in prison, ten years on extended supervision. This will be served consecutive to sentence for count one.
Cain Moss' father Robert Moss, and their friend Patrick Valiquette were also accused of dumping Ducharme's body in Red Cloud Park.
Robert Moss pleaded no contest to party to the crime of hiding a corpse. He was sentenced to a year in prison followed by two years' extended supervision.
Lorenz pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of second-degree reckless homicide and was sentenced to four years in prison. A party to the crime of hiding a corpse charge against Lorenz was dismissed.22030728
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership