LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Business leaders got involved in the community-wide conversation on compassion Saturday.
Viterbo University hosted the Compassion Project Workshop, where speakers talked about how bringing compassion into the workplace can build relationships, leadership skills and help a business succeed. Businesses took part in different workshops and created their own works of art to describe compassion.
Organizers say kindness in local businesses is one step in creating a more compassionate community.
"There's a number of us who are engaged in bringing more compassion to the community," said Tom Thibodeau, one of the organizers. "Our understanding is this: if we can increase our compassion component in the city, we can build a healthier community. Enduring communities are rooted in compassion."
Business leaders are planning a follow-up compassion workshop for March.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion