LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Business leaders got involved in the community-wide conversation on compassion Saturday.
Viterbo University hosted the Compassion Project Workshop, where speakers talked about how bringing compassion into the workplace can build relationships, leadership skills and help a business succeed. Businesses took part in different workshops and created their own works of art to describe compassion.
Organizers say kindness in local businesses is one step in creating a more compassionate community.
"There's a number of us who are engaged in bringing more compassion to the community," said Tom Thibodeau, one of the organizers. "Our understanding is this: if we can increase our compassion component in the city, we can build a healthier community. Enduring communities are rooted in compassion."
Business leaders are planning a follow-up compassion workshop for March.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls