ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Gov. Mark Dayton has named bus company executive Charlie Zelle as transportation commissioner.
Zelle will take over in January for Tom Sorel, who resigned to take another job.
Zelle is longtime head of Jefferson Lines, a regional bus company that operates in 13 states from North Dakota to Texas. He's also a former investment banker who came back to Minnesota to run the family company.
The other finalist for the job was acting commissioner Bernie Arseneau, a longtime engineer.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers