ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Gov. Mark Dayton has named bus company executive Charlie Zelle as transportation commissioner.
Zelle will take over in January for Tom Sorel, who resigned to take another job.
Zelle is longtime head of Jefferson Lines, a regional bus company that operates in 13 states from North Dakota to Texas. He's also a former investment banker who came back to Minnesota to run the family company.
The other finalist for the job was acting commissioner Bernie Arseneau, a longtime engineer.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests