COLFAX, Iowa (AP) - A charter bus carrying members of an Iowa college softball team has been involved in a multi-vehicle crash that closed part of Interstate 80.
The bus carrying students and coaches from Simpson College was headed east Friday morning on Interstate 80 near Colfax when a semi-trailer truck jack-knifed in front of it. School officials say bus passengers were not seriously injured.
Television station KCCI reports the Iowa State Patrol says several semi-trailer trucks were involved in the crash. It is unclear if there are additional injuries. Eastbound lanes near the crash remain closed.
The crash is one of several after a major snowstorm dumped several inches of snow across the state.
Another bus later picked the team up for a tournament in Marquette, Mich.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US