COLFAX, Iowa (AP) - A charter bus carrying members of an Iowa college softball team has been involved in a multi-vehicle crash that closed part of Interstate 80.
The bus carrying students and coaches from Simpson College was headed east Friday morning on Interstate 80 near Colfax when a semi-trailer truck jack-knifed in front of it. School officials say bus passengers were not seriously injured.
Television station KCCI reports the Iowa State Patrol says several semi-trailer trucks were involved in the crash. It is unclear if there are additional injuries. Eastbound lanes near the crash remain closed.
The crash is one of several after a major snowstorm dumped several inches of snow across the state.
Another bus later picked the team up for a tournament in Marquette, Mich.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death