CASHTON, WI - A fire burned about 3 acres of land near Cashton on County Highway F between Lamplight Road and Meadow Road Thursday afternoon.
Sparta Rural Fire Department Chief Mike Arnold said the fire went up a hillside and spread. There was no significant damage to the land and the chief expects everything to regenerate.
The fire call came in at about 2 p.m. The fire was contained and out shortly before 4.
The fire was caused by an individual who was burning paper in a screen barrel, according to Chief Arnold. There are burning restrictions in place in that area, but no citations will be given out at this time.21911142
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?