CASHTON, WI - A fire burned about 3 acres of land near Cashton on County Highway F between Lamplight Road and Meadow Road Thursday afternoon.
Sparta Rural Fire Department Chief Mike Arnold said the fire went up a hillside and spread. There was no significant damage to the land and the chief expects everything to regenerate.
The fire call came in at about 2 p.m. The fire was contained and out shortly before 4.
The fire was caused by an individual who was burning paper in a screen barrel, according to Chief Arnold. There are burning restrictions in place in that area, but no citations will be given out at this time.21911142
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather