LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre is asking his fans to help an 8-year-old boy from La Crescent.
Obadiah "Obi" Christenson has neuroblastoma cancer and is being treated at Gundersen Health System. Christenson has been named a semi-finalist in White Cloud's national tissue box design.
Favre tweeted Tuesday night, "Please vote now and help me bring some hope and joy to an 8 year old boy from Minnesota http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/home" via his official Twitter account (@Favre4Official)
On Favre's official website, he wrote, "I want to take a personal favor from you all. I recently had the privilege to talk to a brave young man named Obadiah Christenson, and wanted to let you know that he needs our help!"
If Christenson's design is one of the top three vote getters, Children's Miracle Network (CMN) Hospitals at Gundersen Health System will receive $15,000.
As of early Friday afternoon, Christenson's design was in third place by a narrow margin.
You can vote for Christenson's design at White Cloud's Facebook page. Voting ends at 11 p.m. on January 31.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse