LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre is asking his fans to help an 8-year-old boy from La Crescent.
Obadiah "Obi" Christenson has neuroblastoma cancer and is being treated at Gundersen Health System. Christenson has been named a semi-finalist in White Cloud's national tissue box design.
Favre tweeted Tuesday night, "Please vote now and help me bring some hope and joy to an 8 year old boy from Minnesota http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/home" via his official Twitter account (@Favre4Official)
On Favre's official website, he wrote, "I want to take a personal favor from you all. I recently had the privilege to talk to a brave young man named Obadiah Christenson, and wanted to let you know that he needs our help!"
If Christenson's design is one of the top three vote getters, Children's Miracle Network (CMN) Hospitals at Gundersen Health System will receive $15,000.
As of early Friday afternoon, Christenson's design was in third place by a narrow margin.
You can vote for Christenson's design at White Cloud's Facebook page. Voting ends at 11 p.m. on January 31.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December